Ganley Great Barrier
Looking for an offshore adventure with safety and comfort in mind? Want to tun some heads on the dock while you do it?
Raw Cotton is a boat that attracts a lot of attention from purist yachties who can appreciate a strong boat with beautiful lines and a beautifully presented interior.
Raw cotton was launched in 1995, and extended + refitted in 2002. She features a two cabin layout that can sleep six. There is tankage under the floor, an L shaped galley by the companionway steps, and a good old fashioned nav station.
She is cutter rigged, with a fully battened mainsail and a stack pack for easy cruising.
There is a great electrical setup with house batteries, separate engine and separate windlass & bowthruster batteries. There is a 220v system, shorepower with eWof, and a 2021 Victron Multiplus inverter. There is also a generator for extra charging.
The running rigging was replaced in 2015. In 2018 she underwent an extensive refit, which included:
- New electric winches (2019)
- Furlex furlers to both headsails (2019)
- Upgraded the GPS Navigation instruments to Raymarine Axiom Pro Touch Screens 12” and 9” (2019)
- New Autopilot (2019)
- New Victron (2021)
- New Batteries House Engine and Starter (2021)
- New paint job in Fiji 2020 during Covid (12 Coats All grip Midnight Blue) Done professionally by Yacht Help Fiji
- Teak repair Fiji (2020) Topsides
- New teak deck top Fwd. of Dodger window ( 2023)
Previous owners have spared no expense refitting this boat with quality fittings, and keeping her up with modern day standards. The teak had been maintained, repaired and well looked after.
This boat recently cruised NZ and the pacific. In 2019 she went to New Caledonia and Fiji. In 2020 she did a three month trip around New Zealand, spending 10 days in Stewart Island. She is set up and ready to sail on to her next adventure.